Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Share your blog: Getting Started: Technorati



This is very interesting. My blog got 22 views in the first few days. How to check this? If you signed up for AdSense, on your Dashboard, select a blog (if you have more than one).

Inside there is a Monetize tab/link. Click on the Monetize link, and it will show you (see previous post)

I decided to try opening another blog, so I have two. My other blog, nobody has looked at, but I only have one post on it. Maybe nobody is interested in that topic. Maybe I have to wait until I have more posts.

I clicked on Blogger Help in the upper right hand corner of the window. Then I drilled down to:
Share Your Blog
Click on Getting Started

Getting Started

Then click on Promoting your blog. Somewhere half way down the page there is a typo that says:

Sumbit your address to blog search sites and directories. People look for blog content at Technorati every day, are you on their list? You should be. Submit your blog's url to Technorati, Daypop, Blogdex, Popdex, and any other site of that ilk you come across.

Looks like a website submission to a search engine. I clicked on the first one: Technorati. Technorati encourages you to sign up for free and they will give you preferential treatment.
It the fine print, of course they plan to send you lot of spam from their third party supporters, and of course, their newsletter. so as not to get my Gmail inbox full of junk, so that I can't even find the emails from my friends, I normally send all such sign ups to another email address. This is how I sort my emails. You are welcome to do whatever you want. Also in the fine print, you can opt-out of things. Check their Privacy and Terms of Service links below:
Privacy
Terms of Service

80% of people probalby never read these links, so if you are in the 80%, don't worry about it.

So I signed up. Then I was confused. The have something they call Claim your Blog
I clicked on it and found that this is where you must list your blogs - like you would list your websites with the search engines. Now if this is getting to complex, there are problably tons of people making money off of newbies, offering help to set you up.

Today their Blog claiming section is down, so I can't add my blogs it it.

No comments:

Post a Comment