Monday, June 22, 2009

Now that I have a blog, how do people find it?

I am such a total newbie. I wondered how the heck peole are going to find my blog. I sent out an email to my friends to see if they wanted to come see my blog. That is one way of doing it.

Fortunately, I have a couple of friends who blog. I'm such a kindergarten newbie, one said:

"Folks don't "join" blogs they "subscribe to RSS feeds". So if somebody wants to follow your blog entries they'll subscribe to your RSS feed. Most folks I know wait to subscribe to blogs that have proven longveity unless it's a new blog on some ultra kick ass cool topic that they love."

RSS Feeds. Hopefully you know what those are. Real Simple Syndication. These are like news feeds. What a total trip. Here I am thinking I'm set up on Blogger to Make Money Blogging. In the meantime, I opened a blog on WordPress.com the day before I started this one. I decided to write about my Websites. Yesterday, I noticed I got a comment! I checked it out, and WordPress put it in the spam filter box. (It doesn't appear that Blogger has this feature)

I decided to click on the link of the comment I got, and it turned out to be some kind of web spider that goes to an RSS feed! Wow. My WordPress is now part of some RSS feed. Instant audience! Here is what was in my RSS link:


I decided to write another post today, and by this afternoon, I got another RSS link:


I'm glad I kept my WordPress blog. Now I'm wondering if I got on this RSS feed because I'm on WordPress, or because I'm writing about Health and botanicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment