Saturday, June 20, 2009

Newbie Central - Blogger is a great place for newbies

I clicked on the Monetize tab this morning, and it opened up into the world of Google AdSense.
There is a lot of information, but the great thing I absolutely love is Newbie Central.
How many times have you signed up for things and there is TIM (Too Much Information) that overwhelms you?

Well, if you are as new at blogging as I am, I think Blogger is a great place for newbies to start.
If you do click on Monetize, on the right lower sidebar under Help resources, there are two great getting started links:
  • Newbie Central
  • Demos and Guides
If you are truly a newbie to blogging and Advertising on the web, I'd say, go ahead and sign up. It's free. Read all the links along the sign up path, and remember, you can always turn it off if you change your mind. In the meantime, signing up for Google AdSense and placing them on your blog, allows you to learn how they work.

If you already have a Gmail email account, you may have noticed how ads appear next to your email when you are reading it. The ads seem to key off of certain keywords that Google finds relavent in the email you are reading. I think that is how it will work with your blog as well.

Who's going to find your blog? Check out Blogger Help. I'll be reading this next. I'll blog about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment